With a modest beginning of 20,000 sq.ft of green footprint in the country in the year 2001, today over 1,300 green buildings with a footprint of over 900 million sq.ft are being constructed all over India. The projected market potential for green building material and technologies is estimated to be 100 billion USD by the year 2012.
Fabtech has been a prominent proponent of Green initiatives in the Indian Real Estate space. We strive to minimize the environmental impact of our products - right from design to disposal. All projects of Fabtech follow sustainable green guidelines of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
To advance the green building movement in the country, Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) organized India's flagship event on green buildings (9th Edition) ‘Green Building Congress 2011’ in New Delhi, India from 20/10/11 to 22/10/11 (Asia’s largest Green Building Conference & Exhibition) – Fabtech had put up a stall of 12 Sqm & demonstrated new products Plaswall TM & PlasmoliteTM with photographs & videos of completed & ongoing projects. As a member of IGBC, Fabtech Sterling Building Technologies Pvt. Ltd. participated in this congress.
Fabtech ’s first green project was executed at Vashind near Mumbai for Tata Smart Homes Sales Gallery. The project tackled ‘sick building syndrome’, with its major focus on occupants’ health with an ergonomic design and architecture. As on today, the company is developing over 3 million sq.ft, which is under various stages of development; all built under the guidelines drawn by IGBC. Fabtech brickless technology uses Composite Cement Board (CCB) whose production process uses pulp from farmed trees creating very little industrial dust, oil and dirt. The High Impact Moulded Inserts (HIMI) used are made from 100% recycled plastic thereby making it a green product.
Mentioned below are the ways towards greener construction:
- Steam produced in heating process is re-used in the product curing process
- Waste material from burning rice husks is recycled into the product
- Water is recycled into vast ‘ponds’ and reused in the product manufacturing process
- There is no CFS (cold formed steel) in the polystyrene (in case of thermal panels)
- Ideal for both hot climates and for insulation in cold temperatures saving about 40% energy
- Improved fire rating and maximum sound absorption
- Adaptable to virtually any environment or seismic condition such as earthquakes and cyclones
- Seepage, leakage and terminates proof
- Enhance marketability for the project
We at Fabtech, seek continuous enhancement in energy efficiency, reduction of emissions, and conservation of resources, along with other areas of improvement. We aim to provide our customers a whole-building approach in all key areas of human and environmental health with natural ventilation and illumination, designed to work with the exterior environment. These advanced standards optimize comfort and utility thereby contributing to an excellent living and working lifestyle.